Saturday, July 14, 2012

I can't think of a clever title, just read!


The time has come for me to write another entry in my blog. If you are reading this then I've published this entry and you are reading it - you are probably aware of this, but I told you anyway.

In medical news, Jarrett has been scheduled to undergo a dye study. This is a simple procedure where the patient stares at a series of shirts that have been tie-dyed and describes them (similar to a Rorschach test). This could be as simple as describing the color (for instance, "blue") to going into great detail about your feelings (for instance, "this shirt makes me feel blue"). Raise your hand if you believed that. Now put your hand down, no one can see you, weirdo. Here is what I understand a dye test to be - First, some background: in my abdomen lives a hockey puck. This hockey puck is connected to a tube that leads to my spine. The hockey puck, by some process that is best described as magic, transmits magic juice to my spine via that tube. The people that dress like doctors and use big doctor words (i.e. "magic tube", "magic hockey puck" and "magic juice" and so on), they tell me that I might possibly have a kink in the magic tube that leads from the magic hockey puck to my spine, thereby obstructing the flow of magic juice. If this is the case, I blame that dark wizard I saw driving past me in a Daewoo the other day (I don't know his name, for purposes of this blog I'll call him "Stephen". Aside: if your name is Stephen and I've offended you, I apologize, all the Stephens I've known have been good people with the exception of the Daewoo driving dark wizard). Back to the point, if there is a kink in the magic tube, they'll have to use surgery magic to replace the magic tube with another more magical (magicaler?) tube. If no kink- I will continue to receive a dose of Baclofen that would turn an elephant's legs to Jello.

In other news, Jarrett is going to get serious for a short time (not long, I promise). I make a lot of jokes, I like to laugh. I suppose I could let this condition defeat me - in many ways, it has. The one thing I can do to say "up yours" to my situation is to keep laughing and think happy thoughts. These aren't easy to do. There are times when I want to crawl out of my own skin and, if only for one moment, experience life as I once did. The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the "old Jarrett" is ready to emerge, but I've forgotten how to be that guy - I've been locked inside this stiff, clumsy body for three years now.
I do tend to dwell on the things I can't do and get angry when I see a dad effortlessly tossing his kid into the pool. However, at the end of the day, I'm thankful to be alive to watch my daughter grow up and I'm hopeful that one day "old Jarrett" will emerge and I will know how to greet him.

FIN

@JarrettLWilson

No comments:

Post a Comment