Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The (Near) End of Phase Three

My time at Pate and away from home is coming to a close. This Friday, I will go outpatient. As far as I know, I will be picked up and brought to Pate every weekday at first and gradually taper off.

I walk with a cane or independently now. Without a cane, I would look like a mummy if I stuck my arms out...but it's walking. I do mostly physical therapy as cognitively I haven't lost much if anything. Physical therapy consists of whatever my therapist cooks up (lately its been lunges), leg biking, treadmilling and what I can best describe as yoga (contorting my legs and midsection into various uncomfortable positions).

Otherwise, I make preparations for the coming school year or test my reaction time on the computer on a program called VMR to earn driving privileges back (this way I don't run into the little yellow block).

I have another MRI and appointment with Dr. White on August 18th.Hopefully, I'll be ready for surgery at that point and can get it scheduled ASAP. After that, more rehab (yippee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment